Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The back of my eyelids

I miss you... you red capillary mess you. 

The blissfulness of the darkness. 

No sound, no thoughts, no nothing. 

The job has been going wonderful ( lie ). I absolutely love it. (another lie) I have all the energy in the world to fulfill all of this. (Big fat Lie)

My supervisor told me today that I need to get use to working again. That's not the problem. The problem is the back breaking work, literary, that's involved. For the past 4 years, I've been doing clerical work. Meaning sitting at a desk, drinking a shit load of coffee and usually involves a lot of customer service and phone calls.


This job is the complete opposite. I'm often left alone, sometimes in the back room. Not alone as in no other co-workers, alone like no body. I would absolutely love it (maybe) if I could bring my ipod. 

It involves me being on my feet for 8 hours in the day. Picking up 23 lbs of something, not really going to tell much, about a thousand times a day. Bending, kneeling, lifting, etc. My body, especially my sciatic nerve, is not use to it at all. 

Long gone back breaking work has left scars on this land

It's a company that I love. Absolutely love. There's no way that I will be laid off because if they go out of business, it's the end of the world. For real. Millions of people depend on this business. Their everywhere. Even in the middle of nowhere. 

 I want to get into the depths. That's what I'm good at. Knowing the inside and outs of the business. I ask questions, a lot of them. I figure things out. I come up with intriguing ideas that will save the company money at the end of the day. 

It's just trying to get to that point. Without breaking my back, again in the literal sense. I'm a hard worker. Not to be stereotypical, I'm Irish. It's in my blood. And getting to that point will take years.... I'm up for it. 



Another point with this employment... my skeletons are now in the back room. And they talk.


I've been obsessed with this song. 
Amazing lyrics and beautiful voice. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com