Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

fat ain't all that fun

Depression, laziness and having a kid has made me more and more well.... fat. In High School when people made fun of my weight, I was the first one to agree with them. It's become a symbol for myself, a big beautiful woman.

Other reasons has lead me to believe that being fat ain't all that fun. Running with my kid and losing my breath or even just cleaning, I'm completely out of energy.

With this new job, I've developed the super strength to want to move. It's amazing. I just can't sit around my house and do nothing. Things need to be done. True, when I get home from that said work, all I want to do is take a hot shower and a nap. But that never happens.

Here's the secret... I'm 270 pounds... as of a few weeks ago. Theres not a scale in the house but there will be after today.

 My BMI is 41.0 which is considered "Obese". I don't carry my weight as one things so for my size. One of those reasons are I'm 5'8". A really tall one. So my weight is distributed accordingly. 

Both myself and my boyfriend are going on diets. We're getting help from Myfitnesspal which is connected to our phones. There's absolutely no need to make excuses why we can't count the calories. It's all right there.

The program itself is simple. Whatever food that you do eat is cataloged into this. It shows you how many calories you have left in the day as well as fat and sugar, etc. This helps with Steve's diabetes. He can also notate in his food notes what his daily sugar was. A good  record for himself and for his doctors. 

With exercise, you can also catalog what you've done for that day. When you start the program, you tell it how much you want to exercise per day. It'll calculate how many calories you need to burn for the week and what's your goal per day. You input what you've done, ie. moving, cleaning, walking, running, treadmill... sex... whatever. And it'll show you how close you're at your goal. 

The best part of all of this... it's free. Including the phone apps.

I just really need to stay away from the ice cream. 

2 comments:

tiffany1377 said...

Good for you and good luck! I have found that getting started is the hardest part. Once you get in an excerise routine, it gets easier to stick with it b/c you have more energy to do so. As far as the dieting part...ugh...no good advice for you...that comes down to sheer willpower. I wish you the best!

SoCal Tess said...

That is so great for you! I'm a new follower from MomBloggers and love your blog. Your positive attitude is awesome. Can't wait to see your future posts.
Cheers,
Tes
inlovebythebeach.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com