Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Five question Friday rocks my sox.

Another long awaited (NOT) Five question Friday. Link up if your for the fun! 


1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?

I'm a blonde. 

Yes.

True blonde. Some people know this and others have looked at my roots either squealing " you're a blonde?!"  or not wanting to say I might have grays. I've dyed my hair black, red, bleach blonde, black/blue, multi-colored and everything in between. I've never gone with green or anything of the sort. Although my last hair experiment turned my streaks into orangeish/pinkish/red. 

It's currently black. Jet black.

2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?

I try to plan. I really do. 


They've even made me a list! 

It's just a matter of me actually getting out and doing something. 

3. What is your favorite meal to cook?

Something complicated which takes me an hour at the grocery store to find all the ingredients and forever at home to cook.

 It's a learning experience and I love to pretend that I'm in Iron Chef.

"Allez Cuisine!"
 
4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?

Sometimes. Depends on what it is. If I do it on a daily basis like the dishes, I don't expect a thank you card and flowers. But if it's something I've gone completely out of the way for, a nice thank you and a hug with suffice.
 
5. How did you meet your best friend?

Oh god.

*takes a big breath* 

In 2005, my ex-husband and I were first dating. It was a complicated mess that I'll get into later. Anywhoo, we needed a place to stay. He suggested that we go up to a town which is about 30-40 miles away from where we were currently living to see if his friend would let us stay with her. We went up there the first time, left a note on her door and went back down the 40 mile journey. We get a phone call the next day from his friend and they chit-chat. She and her husband agreed to let us stay until we could find an apartment.

The thing that my ex never told me that this woman was his ex. Sorta. They had a past fling that never went further than a picnic table at a state park ten years ago. Yea, I was a little panicky at first but as the years went by, and how much she's done for me and my son through everything. I love her. She's my sister and I'm glad to call her my family.

 

2 comments:

Christine said...

I have to laugh about your BF, because one of my VERY good friends and BF in town is my Dear Hubby's High School sweetheart. My one son and her son were in a lot of the same activities when they were younger. We got to waiting for the boys, chit chatting, and finding out that we really liked each other. Luckily, I don't hold onto the past so it doesn't bother me. Although, we've never been out as couples:)

Lynne said...

What a funny cool way to forge a friendship! The allez cuisine thing had me laughing out loud, I love that show! Thanks so much for stopping by One Busy Chick, I am your newest follower :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com